I joined Mamavation at the start of the summer, hoping to lose twenty-five pounds and work my body back into shape after two kids and three years of working at home, sitting in front of a computer much of the day. The goals I listed in my pledging post included:
1. No more night time snacking
2. More movement
3. More accountability
I realized very quickly that such ambiguous goals were not going to motivate me to make the changes I needed to make. The first week of June I recommitted to changing my life and set the following goals:
1. Lose ten pounds by the time I go to the Type-A Conference on June 22nd.
2. Continue to find new ways to work out and add more nutritious foods into my daily diet.
3. Enjoy the ten pounds of lost weight and then continue to work on losing the next ten before the BlogHer Conference at the start of August.
Both the Type-A and BlogHer conferences have come and gone, and I am now down twenty-five pounds. I ran my first 5K last weekend and not only survived, but felt good doing it! No, I felt great doing it, like I wanted to keep going. I’ve realized that I am not going to be able to run as often as I would like, and that I will need to find new ways to push my body that include far less impact. I have also realized that I need to set new, specific goals in order to keep moving forward rather than just maintain at this weight.
1. Lose five more pounds by the time I speak at the BlogWorld and New Media Expo November 5th.
2. Bike at least once a week.
3. Swim at least once a week.
4. Lose ten more pounds by the new year.
I’m excited to attack these new goals with the help of the Mamavation Sistahood!