Festive Fridays: Early Thanksgiving Prep Tips
I can’t believe we’re already into November! As we count down to Thanksgiving, I’m already starting to pull together my thoughts and ideas about what our plans and menu are going to look like. It’s sometimes hard to think this far ahead, but some early prep will make things go much more smoothly as we reach those busy last days before the holiday.
- Analyze your guest list – Take a look at who will be attending and what, if any, dietary needs you’ll need to consider. Knowing who you’ll be serving will help to make it easier to plan and prep a meal that everyone can enjoy.
- Make a list of menu ideas – Chat with those who’ll be joining you to find out what they’re bringing if you’re having a pot luck dinner. Once you know what everyone is bringing, it will be easy to fill in the gaps for the perfect holiday menu.
- Take stock of your pantry – Now is a great time to inventory your pantry and spice cabinet. Toss out the expired items and make a list of what needs to be restocked for the recipes you’re planning to prepare.
- Do early shopping for non-perishables – Stock up now on canned goods, spices, and important paper products to save yourself some time and energy when doing the last minute shopping for perishables.
- Do a test run of new recipes – If you’re planning to cook something new, give it a trial run before the big day to make sure it’s as amazing as it sounds on paper. This will help avoid last minute surprises and gaps in your menu.
- Plan ideas for décor and entertaining – Make sure you have everything you need for a beautiful home and table setting ahead of time. Come up with some fun ideas to keep guests – especially the kids – entertained before and after the meal.
Want some delicious ideas to add to your Thanksgiving menu? Check out our Pinterest board!