The first time we attended Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, a sweet woman in line behind us asked if we knew about Cinderella’s horse on the carousel. She explained that she is a Disney Cast Member and usually brings her grandchildren to Very Merry, but since they could not join her there that night, she wanted my kids to know how to find this special horse. When it was our turn to ride, we ran around the carousel looking for the horse with the gold ribbon. My daughter rode it that night, and it has now become a tradition for my kids to take turns riding Cinderella’s horse.
Part of the magic of Walt Disney World is that there are so many layers to nearly every aspect of the parks and resorts. Here are just a few of my favorite fun finds:
1. Cinderella’s horse has purple flowers in its mane and a golden bow tied to its tail. To find it, search the second row of horses on Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel in the Magic Kingdom.
2. Look all around the parks and resorts for “Hidden Mickeys” including in the carpet, wallpaper, and even the marble floors of the resort properties.
This Mickey was in the bedspread at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge:
3. When walking to the new Storybook Circus area of the Magic Kingdom, look down at the cement walkway to find the hidden “peanuts” that lead you to Dumbo.
4. If you eat at the Electric Umbrella counter service restaurant in EPCOT, be sure to find the talking trash can near one of the beverage stations.
5. Don’t miss the activities planned for families at the Walt Disney World Resorts. We love watching movies on the beach and making s’mores with Disney Cast Members. It’s an incredibly peaceful way to end a very busy day at the Happiest Place on Earth.
We enjoyed Monsters, Inc. while eating Mickey Bars and lounging by the pool at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, the Magic Kingdom fireworks exploding to our left while we cuddled up in pool towels, a full moon glowing above us.