Raising Digital Families For Dummies Launch Party
It’s time!! After eight months of waiting and dreaming about this day, my first book hits shelves on April 29th! Available now on Kindle and Nook, Raising Digital Families For Dummies will be available in bookstores everywhere in just over a week.
To celebrate the book launch, we are throwing a HUGE Twitter Party with amazing prize sponsors.
Please join me to talk about topics ranging from cyberbullying to parental controls to preventing texting and driving. I’ll be the guest expert and the host, all while awarding some incredibly fun prizes. I can’t wait to see you at the…
Raising Digital Families For Dummies Book Launch Twitter Party
When: Monday, April 29th from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. ET/5:00 to 6:00 p.m. PT
Where: #RaisingDigitalFamiliesFD on Twitter
How: Tweet with the tag and follow host @ResourcefulMom. Please also give a shout out and a follow to @ForDummies!
NEW GRAND PRIZE!
Five (5) Grand Prize winners will each receive a Pantech Discover, courtesy of AT&T (ARV: $399 each). The Pantech Discover is the only device currently available that comes preloaded with AT&T’s DriveMode technology. AT&T DriveMode, which supports the AT&T It Can Wait texting and driving campaign, is an app that automatically sends a reply to incoming messages when a vehicle starts moving 25 mph. 911 remains accessible at any time and music and navigation are also able to be used. Texting drivers are 23 times more likely to be in an accident. AT&T DriveMode helps to remove that temptation. Thank you, AT&T!
- One winner will receive a red 3DS XL and a copy of Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (ARV: $240). This recently released and already wildly popular game for Nintendo 3DS allows users to guide clumsy Luigi through massive ghost-infested mansions on an action-packed hunt for the pieces of the Dark Moon. This prize has been provided by Nintendo. No additional compensation was provided. Learn more about the Nintendo 3DS including the variety of options that give parents the ability to customize their child’s gaming experience in Chapter 15: Handheld Gaming.
- TEN winners will each receive a copy of either Just Dance 4 or Just Dance Disney Party for Wii, courtesy of Ubisoft! (ARV: $40/each) Don’t miss Just Dance 4, featuring over 40 tracks from a variety of top artists, popular genres and hot billboard songs like “Good Feeling” by Flo Rida, and “Moves Like Jagger“ by Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera. The tracklist also features legendary artists such as Barry White and The B-52’s to get the whole family up and moving. And for you Disney fans out there, check out Just Dance: Disney Party! Dance like a star to 25 songs from both the beloved classic Disney Movies and Disney Channel’s hottest shows. Play with up to 4-players to experience the ultimate in family fun. With an amazing selection of family favorite songs, fun dances and kid-friendly gameplay, children of all ages can Just Dance along with family and friends! Learn more about the parental controls available to gaming families in Chapter 6: Decoding Gaming.
- Five winners will each receive $10 Bear Buck$® gift cards and one winner will receive a $50 Bear Buck$® gift card courtesy of Build-A-Bear Workshop! Bearville.com is the safe online world where kids can continue their Build-A-Bear Workshop® friendship adventures. This extension of the in-store experience enhances the traditional play patterns kids have with their stuffed animals, encouraging imagination, socialization, self-expression, creativity, self esteem and personal development. Signing up is FREE and there are no membership fees to enjoy the exclusive benefits of being a Bearville citizen. Bearville is committed to providing a fun and safe online experience for kids of all ages, primarily 6 – 14.
- One winner will receive a one year full membership to the popular children’s online world, Disney’s Club Penguin (ARV: $60)! Club Penguin is an ever-changing world where the possibilities to create, socialize, and play are literally endless (not literally, that’d be tough). Club Penguin provides a safe platform where kids can play games, adopt pets (puffles!!), create a custom penguin, and chat with friends in a safe, protected environment.
- One winner will receive a one year enrollment to Identity Guard, compliments of Identity Guard (ARV: $180). Identity Guard provides users with an innovative Identity Monitoring system‚ online resources‚ alerts and updates‚ plus $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance. Learn more about identity theft in Chapter 3: Putting Safety First.
- Three winners will each receive Net Nanny for their choice of Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS (ARV: $40) Net Nanny internet filtering software offers the following features, helping parents feel safe allowing their children to utilize the internet: mobile, internet filtering, porn blocking, time management, social media monitoring, IM and chat room monitoring, child protection software, profanity masking, alerts and reporting. Thank you, Net Nanny, for providing this prize!