Everything You Need to Know.
This week’s Friday Featured Giveaway is being held on Thursday because of the Christmas Eve holiday. Please visit our giveaway link at the end of this post and good luck!
Earlier this year I introduced Resourceful Mommy readers to the Barnes & Noble NOOK, which I desperately needed because of our overflowing book population. I had the opportunity to review and give away a NOOK reader, which I have continued to enjoy, especially during travel.
What a difference a few months can make! My family has moved into a larger home, and our book issue is now more contained. With that said, the last thing we want to do is revisit the ghost of clutter past, so I am still happily using my NOOK. I have, however, often wished that my children could also enjoy the NOOK, especially on car and plane trips when there is simply not enough space to bring along all of the books my children would like to read while traveling.
Well…..ask and you shall receive. Introducing the new NOOKColor. I was able to attend a webinar with a Barnes & Noble representative who walked me through my NOOKColor, and while at first glance I could tell that NOOK 2.0 is so much more than just a newer model of the original device, I was still blown away by the new features that include:
– The VividView™ Color Touchscreen: Enjoy the 7 inch screen in both a portrait and landscape view.
– Access to over 2 million books: I have yet to search for a book to purchase for my NOOK or NOOKColor and find that it is not available. This takes the hassle out of searching for my book club or favorite titles.
– Access to the NOOKNewstand including Us, Star, Cosmopolitan, O Magazine, National Geographic, Newsweek, Elle, and much, much more! What a green and handy way to enjoy your favorite magazines and newspapers.
– NOOKkids – This is one of my absolute favorite features. Using the exclusive AliveTouch™ Technology, the NOOKColor allows your children to control the story and participate in an interactive reading adventure. With the ability to expand text and zoom in on pictures, it takes children into their books in a way they’ve never before experienced. The collection of books available is growing rapidly, and I’m looking forward to watching my children grow as readers at the same time.
While the NOOKColor maintains some of my favorites from the original NOOK including saving my place in my book, built in Wi-Fi, and the ability to share the books I’ve purchased with other NOOK users, it now has even more incredible features. As a social media user, I love that my NOOKColor allows me to share my reading experience with my friends on Facebook and Twitter. I can share entire passages or recommend the books that I’m reading. As if that wasn’t enough, I can surf the web and even check my email via my NOOKcolor. It is far, far more than simply an ereader.
Want to see the NOOKColor for yourself? Check out the NOOKColor on YouTube!
One reader will receive the NOOKColor (ARV: $249). To Enter to Win take any or all of the following steps. This giveaway ends Friday, January 7th at 11:59 AM EST.
1. Leave a comment to this post telling me why the NOOKColor would be perfect for you!
2. Subscribe to Resourceful Mommy via RSS or email and comment below.
3. “Like” Resourceful Mommy on Facebook and comment below.
4. Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter with a link back to this post and comment below. (limit 10 per day, please)
GOOD LUCK and happy reading!
Did you post a giveaway on your blog? Please share it here with Resourceful Mommy readers by linking to your post!
Never miss a Live Party or Giveaway at Resourceful Mommy!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.