Everything You Need to Know.
1. $50 Visa gift certificates compliments of Mamavation (2 winners)
2. Book: Naked Fitness from @AndreaMetcalf (1 winner)
3. Videos: @AndreaMetcalf Pain Free (10 winners)
4. Videos: @AndreaMetcalf Keeping Fit for Women over 40 (3 winners)
5. Book: Health at Every Size donated by @FeedMeImCranky1 (1 winner)
6. Hoodie: DietsinReview Hoodie from @Dietsinreview (1 winner)
7. T-Shirts: DietsinReview T-shirts from @Dietsinreview (5 winners)
8. Book: The Spark from @wideloadroad (1 winner)
9. Perfume: Amazing Grace fragrance set from @Weightsover (1 winner)
10. Portion Control: Meal Measure Portion Control Tool from @Weightsover (1 winner)
Last time we all met in protest of the Strong 4 Life billboards in Georgia we amassedover 23 MILLION impressions on twitter within ONE HOUR on twitter. A very impressive feat and very strong demonstration of how people in social media feel about shaming children into better health. But our campaign to stop the billboards in Georgia is NOT over. There are several still up in Atlanta in some of the poorest neighborhoods where the obesity rate is very high. Why must the poorest children be made to feel so ashamed? We still have power to stop this! This is a fight about empowering children, not demeaning them and making them feel shame. No one here denies the fact that Georgia has the 2nd largest childhood obesity rate in the nation, but we feel in order to combat this statistic, it needs to be done in love and support….not with shame.
Fight obesity, not obese people…
Join us on Thursday, February 16th from 9-10pm EST using the hashtag #Ashamed to once again stand in protest against the Strong 4 Life billboards in Georgia.
Supportive Community Leaders Who are Joining Us:
(more to come…)
To RSVP please visit: http://www.mamavation.com/2012/02/ashamed-chat-thursday-216-9pm-est.html
Never miss a Live Party or Giveaway at Resourceful Mommy!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.