Everything You Need to Know.
The Gal to Gal Walk is a virtual walk created by the Gal to Gal Foundation. Created by Jeanne Fitzmaurice, Carrie Dederich, and Elizabeth Salant, the Gal to Gal Foundation’s goal is to provide women diagnosed with Stage IV Breast Cancer the support they need as they battle the disease, providing resources and granting wishes.
To join the virtual walk, participants need just to register and donate only $5 to the foundation. Donations may also be made without joining the walk. When you register you will have the opportunity to create a virtual walker who will represent you online. Check out the virtual Amy Lupold Bair to the left.
To learn more about who this year’s walk is honoring, please watch this video in memory of past Gal to Gal Foundation President, Dorit Shapiro. You can also learn more about wishes that have been granted and wishes to be granted this holiday season.
Join us this Wednesday as we sitewarm the virtual walk site from 9 to 10 p.m. EDT on Twitter using the hashtag #galtogalwalk. For those new to Twitter parties, I suggest you go to http://tweetchat.com/ and put in the #galtogalwalk tag. Please keep an eye on the following Twitter users who will be helping out with the event:
@designhergal – Jeanne Fitzmaurice from the Gal to Gal Foundation
@Girlfriendology – Gal to Gal sponsor
@kristacolvin – Gal to Gal sponsor
@JessicaKnows – Gal to Gal sponsor
@SugarJones – Gal to Gal sponsor
@organizeddotcom – Gal to Gal sponsor
@mrsOrganized – Gal to Gal sponsor
@ResourcefulMom – co-host, crowd control, prize distributor, and Gal to Gal sponsor
Prizes! Yes, this is all for a great cause, but the Gal to Gal Walk put together a fun list of prizes to be given away during the party.
– The buzz-worthy new book by Beth Feldman, @rolemommy on Twitter.
– A $100 gift certificate for Designhergals.com
– A $100 gift certificate for Organize.com
– a VIP membership to Krista Colvin’s The Shebang! (The Smart Woman’s Guide to Doing It All)
– a basket of pink Swiffers that includes Beth’s new book, See Mom Run: Side-Splitting Essays from the World’s Most Harried Moms.
– one not yet announced grand prizes that are jaw dropping…think sand, surf, and sun…
Complete any or all of the following steps then leave a comment to this post to receive your entry.
1. Join the walk at http://www.galtogalwalk.org/
2. Put the Gal to Gal Walk banner on your blog to spread the word about the walk.
3. Become a fan of the walk on Facebook.
4. Tweet during the event using the hashtag #galtogalwalk
5. RSVP below.
This Twitter party is a part of Amy’s gold level sponsorship of this very worthy charity and is not a part of a paid campaign. Want to join Team ResourcefulMommy? Go to www.galtogalwalk.org and sign up.
Never miss a Live Party or Giveaway at Resourceful Mommy!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.