visit tracker on tumblr

The Organized Give Twitter Party with The Stow Company

Did you know that sixteen million children in the United States are food insecure, according to the USDA?  I’m so thrilled to tell you about an amazing giving campaign called The Organized Give and how its founder, The Stow Company, is working with Kids’ Food Basket to make a difference in the attack against childhood hunger. The Stow Company has also partnered with home organization expert and blogger Molly Gold to help spread the word about this important issue.

Kids’ Food Basket started almost ten years ago when a West Michigan school principal noticed her students digging through a dumpster after school in search of food. She realized that this occurrence wasn’t uncommon and began the non-profit organization to provide children with nutritional evening meals. I hope that you will take time during your lunch hour this Friday to learn more about The Organized Give and Kids’ Food Basket, and help spread the word about childhood hunger.

You can also join the attack against childhood hunger. Beginning today, The Stow Company will donate $1 to Kids’ Food Basket for every “like” they receive on The Stow Company’s Facebook Page. I hope that you will click to give and join us for the Twitter Party.

The Organized Give Twitter Party

When: Friday, March 16th from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. ET

Where: #OrganizedGive on Twitter

How: To participate, use the party tag during the party hour and follow sponsor @StowCompany and host @ResourcefulMom. Please also follow special guest @kidsfoodbasket. Learn more about how to participate in a Twitter Party.

You can connect now with Kids Food Basket online at KidsFoodBasket.org and learn more about The Organized Give at TheOrganizedGive.com.

Prizing

-          Every 15 minutes one participant will win $200 to donate to the public school or non-profit organization of their choice.  There will be a total of four winners during the party.

-          Remember, everyone has the opportunity to donate $1 to Kids’ Food Basket by “liking” The Stow Company on Facebook between March 12th and April 9th!

This giveaway for good is open to legal residents age 21 and over of the 50 United States and District of Columbia.  Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.

RSVP

Planning on joining us?  Let us know here by adding your Twitter URL (http://twitter.com/username).  An RSVP is not required to participate or to be entered to win.

About The Stow Company

The Stow Company manufactures innovative organization systems for all areas of the home, ranging from full-service, dealer-supplied solutions to do-it-yourself storage systems available online and in retail stores.  Solutions include organization systems for closets, garages, home offices, kitchen pantries, laundry rooms, mudrooms and more.

About Kids’ Food Basket

Kids’ Food Basket is dedicated to attacking childhood hunger in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The non-profit organization began almost ten years ago by serving 125 kids each school day through their Sack Supper program and now serve over 4,800 kids each day. Sack Suppers are evening meals that provide 1,000 calories and five food groups—nutrition that’s critical to the development of kids’ brains and bodies. Watch a video about Kids’ Food Basket fight against childhood hunger.

With these evening meals, Kids’ Food Basket attacks childhood hunger by:

• Serving kids directly. Sack Suppers are distributed each day within classrooms or at local parks, meaning every child who needs one can get one easily and safely.
  • Creating an engine for volunteering. Their work is driven by the love and support of the community, with over 170 volunteers packing and delivering sack suppers from 9 AM to 9 PM every day of the week. Many more lead juice box and snack drives and fund drives.
  • Empowering kids to help each other. Through volunteering and educational programs, Kids’ Food Basket helps kids understand hunger and lead projects to end it. Over 25% of hours volunteered come from youth under age 18.

Comments

1. 1
    Kevin E
    Follow on Twitter: kjmaje
    says:

What a great party! I would love to be able to donate to a school in my city with high poverty.

2. 2

Sounds great. I love supporting ideas that help children.See you there.
    Dana Valle recently posted..FORGET ME NOT ….

3. 3
    Sheila Vives says:

I am so excited about this. It will be a great opportunity to donate to our local food bank should I win. I had to stop with my efforts to bring more public awareness and help to our food bank when my legs were badly injured in February and I was left unable to walk…prayers please ! I had already been at the local food bank talking with them twice about their program, and learned their finances (less than $3000/year available to spend on food) and also their strengths and weaknesses in their efforts, and was hoping to coordinate food donations for both them and a local church which is also helping many family. But unfortunately, because of food shortages, both have had to turn many families away. Major factories left our area, leaving people out of work. There are many poor and disabled people here. Last year, bad floods wiped out the farmland so the farmers didn’t have the opportunity to harvest crops so did not make earnings, and farmers have many expenses. Also, the floods and then a heat wave wiped out many people’s gardens so they were unable to can and put up food to carry them.

4. 4
    Sarah Pinnix
    Follow on Twitter: reallifesarah
    says:

I can’t come during the day, but I’m so excited you’re doing this!! I’ll spread the word.
    Sarah Pinnix recently posted..Crocheted Slouchy Beanie with a Puff Stitch

5. 6
    Jessica Sanders-Parmer
    Follow on Twitter: thatoddmom
    says:

Love this party! I would love to donate to our local Fraternal Order of Eagles Auxiliary. They provide food to families multiple times a year as well as school supplies and personal care items for kids (toothbrushes, shampoo etc..)
    Jessica Sanders-Parmer recently posted..The Moment You Realize Cleaning up the Kitchen Puts You in Zen Mode

6. 7
    Janet
    Follow on Twitter: janettwokay
    says:

What a great party! I’m going to try like heck to make it to it, but even if I can’t, I’ll try to spread the word. Thanks, Amy, for hosting something like this. :-)

7. 8
    Kathryn C.
    Follow on Twitter: katbirdfl
    says:

What a GREAT party! Can’t wait.

8. 9
    Amy @ A Million Boxes
    Follow on Twitter: amymchodges
    says:

I’ll be at work but I’ll be hopping in when I can!
    Amy @ A Million Boxes recently posted..#VlogMom A Day with a Celebrity (but which one?)

9. 10
    @dreamfishing
    Follow on Twitter: dreamfishing
    says:

wow!! Such a GREAT organization!! Thank you for making us a part of it!

10. 11

Great idea! We enjoy volunteering locally with a foodback that provides “back snacks” to school children to take food home over the weekend when there isn’t enough food at home. Way to go!!
    Lauren Goldman recently posted..A spring party favor

11. 12
    Christie R says:

What a cool twitter party! Looking forward to it!

12. 13
    Kelsey C
    Follow on Twitter: RuralMama
    says:

Thanks for the party, great cause!