My home runs on the power of Microsoft Windows whether it’s time spent on my desktop creating documents in Word, sending birthday party emails for my daughter via Outlook, or handing my laptop over to my five year old so he can play learning games.
Did you know that Microsoft Windows can also power your Valentine’s Day?
According to a survey conducted by the Retail Advertising Marketing Association, 53% of women say they would end a relationship if they didn’t get something for Valentine’s Day. While I’m content with a nice card, I’d also love this Valentine’s Day gift idea – a Windows Phone, the perfect last minute gift.
Check out these built-in features that not only make the Windows Phone a great gift, but can also help make your Valentine’s Day unique:
- Built-in Social Networking: Post a cyber love letter to all your social networks in one touch for a PDA she’ll never forget!
- Pocket-to-picture-to post: Snap a picture of your date and upload a picture in seconds! It’s a snap with Windows Phone.
- Pin your favorite music: Feel like setting the mood with the right music for Valentine’s Day? No reason to spend hours customizing a CD when you can pin playlists off of Zune directly to your Start Screen.
- Local Scout: Out and about and want to arrange a spontaneous dinner? Let Local Scout be your guide, use it to find the best places to eat wherever you are
- Apps: Check out these must-have apps for the time-strapped lover:
Choose from over 40 fun and romantic templates they can be personalize with photos and messages.
Picking a Valentine’s Day date can be daunting for some. This app provides dozens of ideas for a one-of-a-kind night.
Search thousands of restaurants to find the perfect cozy table for a romantic rendezvous. Trust us, pizza and beer won’t cut it tonight.
You’ve got the perfect date. Now find the perfect wine. This app helps you match the right vintage with your meal.
After dinner, use this app to pick the best rom-com from their library of the latest movie trailers and reviews.
But wait, there’s more.
Also, just in time for Valentine’s Day, Microsoft Windows wants to share some great tools for you to connect with your loved ones!
- Tip #1: Use Windows Live Messenger (Window’s free video chat service) to say ‘I Love You’ to your loved one’s
- Tip #2: Share your latest photos with friends and family via Windows Live Photo Gallery and SkyDrive
- Tip #3: Use Microsoft Paint to create and send a virtual love note, like the one we created above—all free services for you!
And as if that wasn’t already enough, we’ve got an AMAZING Valentine’s Day giveaway for you as well.
One lucky Resourceful Mommy reader will win the following from Microsoft for themselves and their Valentine:
- TWO Samsung Focus Flash Windows Phones
- A month of service
- His and hers SkinIts
Enter to Win
To enter to win, leave a comment telling me the worst Valentine’s Day gift you ever received!
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents age 18 and older and ends Friday, February 17th at 11:59 p.m. ET.
This post was written in conjunction with my participation in the Windows Champions program. Windows Champions are bloggers who are hand-selected to work with Microsoft Windows. As part of this arrangement, they have been loaned a Windows 7 PC for the course of year and are given the opportunity to learn about Windows and Microsoft products. I have not received monetary compensation in exchange for this post.
Product for giveaway is being provided by Microsoft.