At the Type-A Conference last month I had the pleasure of spending some time with Elena from Ciao Mom. She is one of those women that makes me feel immediately at ease, without pretense. She just feels comfortable to me. I was so fortunate to get to know her and am now getting to know her blog as well. Last week she announced that she is devoting today, July 11th, to creating and celebrating a list of things she likes about herself. I decided that joining her in posting a list of my own is right in line with the tenants of Mamavation, so I’m making my list my Mamavation Monday post. I also want to share an update that I am now down fourteen pounds and have begun the Couch to 5K training program with the hope of running a 5K at Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom on October 1st. And now…the list of Things I Like About Me:
1. I play the piano well enough to make both myself and my crazy dancing kids happy.
2. I make people laugh, sometimes out loud (LOL is nice, but in person is even nicer).
3. I operate successfully in the business world without losing my moral compass no matter how often people tell me I should change the way I work.
4. I have pretty eyes with long eyelashes that are the result of genetics and Maybelline Great Lash, not synthetic fibers or Latisse.
5. I decided to beat Dad Street at a weight loss bet, which I did. And which I will do again (Round 2, August 4th!).
6. I save people money on their Walt Disney World vacations by taking time to answer their questions. Disney is magic. I help people give their children magic.
7. I like the way I write, which I believe (and hope) speaks to people.
8. I make a mean chocolate cake from scratch.
9. I can dance like nobody’s business. (happy to provide references to back up this statement…right Kris?)
10. It makes me happier to make other people happy than to make myself happy, which makes me happy. See how that works? Nice, right?
11. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do to help my children experience life in a positive way, without fear, without sadness, without limit. I work every day to be able to give them the world.
12. I make my husband happy (he probably won’t vouch for me publicly…but I do 😉 )
13. I know myself well enough that I was able to write the twelve things above without hesitation.
Now…what do you like about yourself?