With every Disney vacation we fall in love with new rides and experiences while clinging to our old favorites, some going back all the way to my own childhood. Going to Disney and want to know our favorites? Here is a park by park list of the rides we love the most.
The Magic Kingdom
– it’s a small world – a childhood favorite and still a must-see.
– Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
– Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
– Cinderella’s Golden Carousel – be sure to look for the horse with the golden ribbon tied around her tail…that’s Cinderella’s horse!
– Dumbo the Flying Elephant – if you have young children, do not miss Dumbo.
– Mickey’s PhilharMagic
– Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
– Peter Pan’s Flight
– The Barnstormer at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm
– The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
– Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – a Magic Kingdom classic that cannot be missed.
– American Adventure Pavilion – check out the moon rock on display
– Disney’s Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure
– Spaceship Earth
– Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros – this boat ride is located inside the pyramid at Mexico and not only does it almost never have a line, but it’s peaceful and entertaining.
– Journey Into Imagination with Figment – Be sure to visit the Kodak What If Labs following the ride.
– Living with the Land – If your children are naturally curious and interested in nature, this is a no-wait, sit-back-and-relax ride for you. Watch for Hidden Mickeys in curious places such as the fish tanks.
– Soarin‘ – Get there early and/or utilize the Fastpass feature
– The Seas with Nemo and Friends
– Turtle Talk with Crush
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
– Muppet Vision 3D
– Playhouse Disney Live on Stage
– Toy Story Mania – Arrive when the park opens, sprint to the ride, then grab a Fastpass for later on your way out.
– Voyage of The Little Mermaid
These are our favorites: two easy-going adults – one who loves roller-coasters, one who does not – and two naturally curious, brainy kids, one in pre-school, one in kindergarten. What are your family’s favorites?