With spring finally here, fresh vegetables from container and backyard gardens are right around the corner. This year we’re planning on planting a salsa garden on our back deck with the perfect ingredients to make fresh salsa. The new Manual Food Process from Pampered Chef is the perfect tool to quickly chop veggies into fine pieces for my salsa, and with the easy to pump handle and non-skid base, it’s safe for the kids to get in on the fun…mess free! Want to add some variety to your salsa? Try the following mango salsa recipe from Pampered Chef:
Mango Confetti Salsa
1 large mango
½ small jicama
1/3 orange bell pepper
1/3 red bell pepper
1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed
1/3 small red onion (see Cook’s Tip)
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp Chili Lime Rub
Tortilla chips (optional)
1. On Large Grooved Cutting Board, cut mango using Mango Wedger. Remove skin from mango using Avocado Peeler. Peel jicama using Serrated Peeler. Dice mango, jicama and bell peppers into 1-in. pieces using Chef’s Knife. Cut jalapeño in half; remove seeds using Core & More.
2. Combine mango, jicama, bell peppers, jalapeño and onion in Manual Food Processor; cover and pump handle until coarsely chopped. Add lime juice and salt; pump handle to chop to desired consistency, removing lid and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary using Mini Mix ‘N Scraper®. Pour salsa into serving bowl. Sprinkle with rub. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings (about 2 cups salsa)
Nutrients per serving (about ¼ cup salsa, excluding optional ingredient): Calories 40, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 120 mg, Fiber 2 g
Cook’s Tip: Use the Veggie Wedger to cut the onion into wedges. Use two wedges for this recipe.© 2011 The Pampered Chef used under license.
Enter to Win
One Resourceful Mommy reader will win the Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor (ARV: $49). To enter to win follow the steps below being sure to leave a separate comment for each entry.
1. Required: Leave a comment telling me what you would make with the Manual Food Processor
2. Follow @ResourcefulMom on Twitter
3. “Like” Resourceful Mommy on Facebook
4. Subscribe to Resourceful Mommy via feed or email
5. Tweet about this giveaway including a link to this post (max. 5 tweeting entries per day)
This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. age 18 or older and ends Friday, April 8th at 11:59 p.m. ET
Friday Giveaway Link-Up
Are you hosting a giveaway right now? Share the link here to tell more readers about the giveaway you’re hosting on your blog. Check back all week for more giveaways to enter!