Health care reform in this country is inevitable. It has been alluded to by government for decades, and the current administration is moving quickly to bring about change.
But will that change benefit our children?
Speak Now for Kids is a grassroots movements to ensure that children’s needs are included in health care reform. We must be their voice to let Congress know that children’s health care is just as important as Medicare reform and other adult care issues.
- 8.8 million children in the U.S. do not have health insurance
- Insured children are more likely to receive preventative care, and therefore they get sick less often.
- Many adult chronic conditions have their origins in childhood.
- Even with insurance, children currently receive only 41% of preventative medical care.
What can you do?
Visit Speak Now for Kids:
- Learn about the campaign.
- Speak to Congress about the importance of children’s health care.
- Share the message through your own blog, Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail.
To learn more about the campaign and tweet with a representative from the National Association of Children’s Hospitals, join us this Wednesday, May 6th, from 9 to 10 p.m. eastern time on Twitter for a #SpeakNowforKids SiteWarming.
RSVP here and spread the word! Together we can make a difference.