<------This person needs a Virtual Assistant.
Join us for tonight’s SiteWarming for Virtual Assistant Hub.
Meet the Panelists:
Alyssa Gregory, @alyssagregory, is the president of avertua, LLC, a full-service virtual assistant firm in NJ, the author of VA Secrets Revealed! An Insider’s Guide to Being a Successful Virtual Assistant, and the founder of the Virtual Assistant Hub, a place for knowledge sharing and collaboration among virtual assistants and clients. She will be presenting at the IVAA Summit next week on her Top 20 Secrets for Success as a Virtual Assistant.
Laurie Mapp, @mobilemommy, is the mom of three boys and started her VA practice, Halo Secretarial Services, in the fall of 2008. Laurie provides virtual assistant and virtual legal assistant services. She lives in Alberta, but many of the lawyers she works with are in the U.S. She has built a lot of her client base via Twitter and therefore feels no guilt about spending a fair bit of time daily on her two twitter accounts! She tweets as both @halosecretarial and @mobilemommy. She has also done some writing, including as the Family Finance Editor for Type-A Mom, and has a personal blog where she writes about being a work at home mom of three boys.
Rebecca Buscemi, @rbuscemi, is the owner of Creative Virtual Office. She is a work at home mom of two who started her own Virtual Assistance business in July of 2008. She loves being a mom entrepreneur and loves that most of her clients are mom entrepreneurs also! One of her favorite things that she provides for her clients is helping them come alive on the internet through social media.
Carla Young, @carlayoung, Founder and CEOof MOMeoCommunity.com and proponent of the importance of hiring a Virtual Assistant. If there’s living proof that women can have it all – and then some – it’s Carla Young. Founder and CEO, Carla takes pride in her role as a wife, mother and businesswoman, and finding that enviable balance.
Carla rejected the old model of women trying to compete with me and “do it all” as an unhealthy and unsustainable way to do business. Intead, she built her copywriting agency on a virtual, work-from-home model, leveraging her time with the help of a talented support team and the right blend of technology and marketing savvy.
After constantly being approached by other Moms who wanted to do the same, Carla saw a need to build a resource community for other Moms. Recently launched, MOMeoCommunity.com is that resource community that supports Mompreneurs in achieving success on their terms.
Goody Bag Contest!
This Goody Bag Contest runs from 11:59 p.m. Thursday, April 16th to 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, April 22nd, eastern time.
To Enter to Win:
1. Go to VirtualAssistantHub.com and join – it’s free!
2. Leave a comment to this post telling me you joined
After you have joined the site, you may do the following to earn more entries:
1. Tweet about the new site!
2. Tweet about the SiteWarming Party
3. Join the SiteWarming Party-Goers Group on Facebook
Door prizes will be given to those who attend the event and those who RSVP. RSVP here.
1. Five copies of Alyssa Gregory’s book or e-book VA Secrets Revealed – five winners!
2. Discount codes to the VA Hub store – three winners!
1. Desk Mobile by RoundHouse Designs – Designed and created by work at home mom and artist, Lisa Roy Sachs, each piece is hand-crafted to embody two core ideas: simplicity and balance. Lisa loves constructing and making mobiles of all sizes, choosing papers, and balancing them. She takes pleasure in watching them move, spin, and twirl and hopes that they enhance your office space.
2. $25 Prize Bundle from YouCanMakeThis.com – In this virtual world, even our hobbies have moved online. You Can Make This is the online source for craft and sewing patterns that you can download and print! Each project comes with clear instructions and provides the busy woman with a chance to browse online for fun projects, print, and then relax while creating a piece she can enjoy forever.
3. Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure: This fun game by Mumbo Jumbo for your PC is an exciting game show that challenges you to win “trips” to far off lands. Spin a wheel, answer a trivia question, win it all!
4. How to Give Good Blog!: Blogging may be incredibly popular…but that doesn’t mean it’s easy! Let Crissy from Indie Biz Chicks teach you about attracting your target market, building strong relationships, promoting your blog, and even making money! This audio and workbook package is full of tips and tricks for how to make your blog a success.
5. How to Get Great Press: What would it mean to your business to be featured in local, regional or national press? This resource from Indie Biz Chicks is packed full of information in its workbook and videos that will help you get started on the path to the media exposure your business needs and deserves!
6. Grand Prize!! Ayala’s Herbal Water Gift Pack: At Herbal Water™, they make their beverages by infusing organic culinary herbs in pure water. Ayala’s uses no artificial sweeteners, no preservatives, and no additives of any kind. Culinary herbs have been prized for centuries, for their calming, stimulating and aphrodisiac qualities, and are the natural way to flavor and enhance any food or drink. You’ll find Ayala’s Herbal Water a delightfully refreshing, mellow yet complex aromatic drink that’s 100% good for you!™. Enjoy their taste of the garden, with fresh spring breezes in every sip. The prize pack includes an organic cotton tote bag, an Herbal Water polo tee shirt, and a variety 6 pack of Herbal Water in a gift box. This is the perfect gift for a virtual assistant working hard all day (or night!).