This post has been sponsored by Sleep Number. All opinions are our own.
With the end of the year upon us, many of us are beginning to look toward the fresh start of the New Year. With a blank slate in front of us, it’s time to break old habits and start healthy new ones. Most people think about eating better and cutting out unhealthy vices, but creating better sleep habits is a wonderful way to kick off a successful year!
Here are some great resolutions to make to ensure that you are getting the sleep your body needs to stay happier and healthier.
- Kick the caffeine – Limit your caffeine intake in the afternoon and evening, or avoid it altogether. Consuming caffeinated beverages and even alcohol before bed can disrupt sleep patterns.
- No screens before bed – Put your phone or tablet away an hour before bedtime to signal to your body that it’s time to unwind. Using screens too close to bedtime can make it hard for your brain to shut down.
- Commit to 8 hours – Getting 8 hours of sleep a night has benefits beyond just feeling rested. You’ll have more energy, better mental clarity, and have a stronger immune system.
- Nap when it’s needed – A quick 20-minute nap can do wonders for your mood and energy level. When you’re starting to fade, squeeze in a short nap rather than downing a cup of coffee. Curl up with a Sleep Number ComfortFit Pillow, under a Pur-Down Comforter, and catch a few Zs.
- Create a better sleep environment – Minimize light and keep the bedroom cool. Choose a mattress and pillow that suit your body’s unique needs to ensure the best rest possible. When you rest on a Sleep Number bed, you can adjust the firmness to help correct a number of sleep issues from snoring to back pain and more.
Sleep Number has loads of great tips and products that can help you on the way to better sleep this coming year! Check out their blog and be sure to follow them on Twitter and Facebook for great tips!
We hope you have a wonderful and restful New Year!