This post is part of a sponsored post campaign. Compensation has been provided.
As a mom of two digital natives, I’m constantly looking for digital media that will not only entertain my kids, but that will also meet our rigorous standards for what we’ll allow our kids to view. The number of digital learning tools available to parents has exploded in the ten years that I have been a mom. I’m certain that new parents today are blessed with a myriad of digital options that I couldn’t even begin to imagine ten years ago.
One exciting new interactive children’s app and iBook available today features world-famous Jack Russell Terrier, Just Jesse the Jack.
Available on iOS right now, the new Jesse the Jack’s ABC Zoo app features animation, narration, and video to entertain little ones ages 2 to 6 while assisting them in learning the alphabet in a fun, creative way. The app features two modes – story and play – as children are able to choose their own adventure including everything from taking a tour through the zoo with Jesse while learning an animal for every letter of the alphabet to playing a “fill in the shape game” matching each animal to his name.
Ready to learn more?
- Narration: The iBook has touch narration that allows children to replay any words or sentences they need help with reading or pronouncing. Narration is both soothing and positive and can be turned on/off.
- Two modes: The app has two modes: story and play. Story mode involves various animations and illustrations, and has real animal sounds to allow children to learn and identify the correct sound of the animal. Play modes gives children a “fill in the shape” game where they have to match the animal and letter to its corresponding silhouette.
- Positive reinforcement: Correct answers are rewarded with “Jesse treats.” For every two Jesse treats earned, children will be directed to a page of 12 different Jesse tricks – from Jesse driving an ATV to Jesse riding a scooter.
- Music: Street performer Dub FX and his wife, Flower Fairy, produced soothing yet upbeat music for the app that is heard in both story and play modes.
- Jesse Tricks: Video of Jesse performing tricks is showcased throughout.
- Eye-catching graphics: Sharp colors are used in the animations and illustrations to assist with holding children’s attention and focus as well as inspiring creativity.
About Best Buddies Learning
Rob Keim created Best Buddies Learning in November 2013 to make reading and learning fun for young kids. Based in San Diego, the company partnered with Jesse the Jack to launch its first iBook and app, ABC Zoo, with many more to come. Best Buddies Learning teaches through positive reinforcement, the same way its star, Jesse the Jack, is rewarded!
About Jesse the Jack
Jesse is a purebred, tri-color Jack Russell Terrier who loves to make people laugh and bring smiles to their faces. He is a happy and healthy little guy who has appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman, Good Morning America, Nickelodeon, Animal Planet, The Rachael Ray Show, CBS, NBC, ABC, Disney, VH1, and the list goes on! Some of Jesse’s favorite tricks include walking handstand, skateboarding, riding a rocking horse, and useful tricks like putting the dishes in the dishwasher. He loves to pop balloons, play hide-and-seek, and of course teach kids their ABCs!
Watch for Jesse the Jack’s ABC Zoo on Android in early 2015!