Yesterday a nice gentleman came and took away the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder I was test-driving. It was a sad moment, but we made some great memories on our week together.
I wanted desperately to take the Pathfinder’s 4WD goodness out into the snow, but a shift in the weather pattern took last weekend’s snowpocalypse too far north missing my home and all of my relatives to the north. However, my daughter and I could not let a little sunny weather keep us down. We set out on a Pathfinder Adventure anyway:
We were two women on a mission. No, we weren’t climbing snowy hills or off-roading across the winter landscape, but what we did do was put the third row seats down and fill that bad boy with bags and boxes. Our haul?
- Two oversized curtain rods
- Ten white curtain sheers
- A bag of cake decorating supplies from the craft store
- A teak shower bench
- A humidifier (please, let spring come soon!!)
- Music: We hooked up her prized possession, her iPod Touch, to the USB connection in the middle console. We then proceeded to rock out to Taylor Swift all afternoon.
- Heated steering wheel: Okay, so this was just something I fell in love with, but boy did I ever. I never wear a jacket on shopping outings because I hate having to take one off and on as we go from store to store. No jacket? No gloves. The heated steering wheel saved the day!
- Driver’s Seat Automatic Exit Function: I am only 5’3″ and my legs are very short. This means that the driver’s seat needs to be very far forward in order for me to safely reach the pedals. It also means that my knees are at risk of being knocked every time I get in and out at each stop during my daily adventures. The Nissan Pathfinder has an option for the driver’s seat to automatically move back when you get out and then return to your set position when you start the car to drive again. Go ahead, read that again. Yes, it really does that.
(1) Winter Adventure Prize Pack that includes 2 travel mugs, hot chocolate, a blanket and a $100 gift card (total value: $190)