The awesome holiday giveaways on Resourceful Mommy are continuing with today’s contest provided by Embassy Suites!
When my family moved to our current home two years ago, we chose our house partly because of the ample space to host guests, but for parties and holidays as well as overnight visits. With a guest bedroom and full bath in the basement, it seemed like the perfect location. But the truth is that when we host holiday get-togethers, we find ourselves wishing that we had even more room for overnight guests. As much as we all love the idea of hosting tons of family members under one roof, the reality of a full house is often stressful for both host and guest alike. That is why Embassy Suites has teamed up with comedian Nate Dern for the Embassy Suites More Good Company Campaign, to spread the word that being good company sometimes means staying at a hotel.
While Nate’s number one tip for being good company is to stay in a hotel, he’s also provided the following tips that can help us all this holiday season:
- Tip #1: Bring a hostess gift. Don’t dare arrive empty handed!
- Tip #2: Follow your host’s lead. Not everyone texts their way through dinner, so adapt to your surroundings.
- Tip #3: Lend a helping hand. Well don’t just sit there, make yourself useful.
- Tip #4: Opt for a hotel, and eliminate the stress of a full house. Sometimes you just need to take a breather – thank you, spacious two-room suite hotel room.
- Tip #5: Send a hand-written thank you note. It’s as simple as, “Thank you, thank you, thank you.”
You can join the fun on the Embassy Suites Facebook page where you can view video content, read more tips, and enter to win great prizes.
Speaking of prizes, one Resourceful Mommy reader will win a certificate for one free night at Embassy Suites!
To enter to win, simply leave your best tip for being good company during the holidays or throughout the year! One winner will be selected from the comments – it’s that easy!
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents age 18 and older and ends Wednesday, December 12th at 11:59 p.m. ET. Product was provided for review and giveaway. All opinions and visiting family members are my own.